Granicip 1mg Tablet
Granicip Tablet is used for Feeling of sickness and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy, Postoperative nausea, Postoperative vomiting and other conditions. Granicip Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- Granicip Tablet contains Granisetron as an active ingredient.
- Granicip Tablet works by inhibiting serotonin in the body.
Granicip Tablet Uses
Granicip Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
Feeling of sickness and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Postoperative nausea
- Postoperative vomiting
Side effects of Granicip Tablet DT
- Injection site allergic reaction
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face
- neck and trunk)
How to use Granicip Tablet DT
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Granicip 1mg Tablet DT at a fixed time.
How Granicip Tablet DT works
Granicip 1mg tablet dt is an antiemetic (anti-nausea medicine). It inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Expert advice for Granicip Tablet DT
- Take Granicip 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Granicip, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Granicip is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Granicip if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Granicip in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
If you miss a dose of Granisetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Granicip 1mg Tablet DT
Q. What is Granicip/Granicip hcl used for?
Granicip is used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Q. How does Granicip work?
Granicip works by inhibiting a natural substance (serotonin) in the body that is responsible for causing nausea and vomiting.