Vomistop 10 MG Tablet
Vomistop 10 MG Tablet is an effective anti-emetic (medicine used to prevent vomiting and nausea). It increases the intestinal movements and facilitates emptying of the bowel.
How to use Vomistop Tablet DT
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it. It is better to take Vomistop 10mg Tablet DT empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
Vomistop Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Vomistop Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Dry mouth
How Vomistop Tablet DT works
Vomistop 10mg tablet dt indirectly stimulates the release of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger that can increase the motility of the intestine.
Expert advice for Vomistop Tablet DT
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions for Vomistop 10mg Tablet DT
Q. What is Vomistop used for?
Vomistop is used for the treatment of nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting as and when recommended by your doctor.
Q. Is Vomistop an over the counter drug?
Vomistop is not an over the counter (OTC) medicine and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription.
Q. Does Vomistop cause weight gain?
Weight gain has not been reported with the use of Vomistop. If you notice any abnormal weight gain while using Vomistop, please talk to your doctor.
Q. Does Vomistop raise the blood pressure?
The increase in blood pressure is generally not seen with the use of Vomistop. But if you experience an increase in blood pressure while using Vomistop, please consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take Vomistop for morning sickness?
Vomistop is not indicated or recommended for treating morning sickness. Please consult your doctor if you plan to take any medicine for treating morning sickness.
Q. Can I take Vomistop with antibiotics?
The use of Vomistop with antibiotics like erythromycin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, spiramycin, and some antifungals is not recommended. Please consult your doctor before using any antibiotics with Vomistop.
Q. Can I take Vomistop with lansoprazole?
Yes, Vomistop can be taken with lansoprazole as no drug-drug interactions have been clinically seen when they are taken together. However, interactions may occur. Please consult your doctor before using the two medicines together.
Q. Can I take Vomistop with doxycycline?
Yes, Vomistop can be taken with doxycycline. No drug--drug interactions have been reported. However, please consult your doctor before taking Vomistop with doxycycline.
Q. Can I take Vomistop with omeprazole?
Yes, Vomistop can be taken with omeprazole. No drug--drug interactions have been reported. However, interactions may occur. Please consult your doctor before using the two medicines together.
Q. Can I take Vomistop with citalopram?
The use of Vomistop with citalopram is not recommended as it may increase the underlying heart problems like prolonged QTc interval. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Q. Can I take Vomistop with amitriptyline?
Yes, Vomistop can be taken with amitriptyline. No drug--drug interactions have been reported. However, please consult your doctor before taking Vomistop with amitriptyline.