What is Silagra ?
Silagra Tablet is used for Penis erection, High blood pressure and other conditions. Silagra Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Silagra Tablet contains Sildenafil as an active ingredient.
Silagra Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels in the penis and it widens the blood vessels in the lung.
Detailed information related to Silagra Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Side effects of Silagra Tablet
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Pain in extremity.
How to use Silagra Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Silagra 100mg Tablet with food.
How Silagra Tablet works
Silagra 100mg tablet is a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) inhibitor. It works in erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis by relaxing the muscles in penile blood vessels. It works in pulmonary hypertension by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow more easily.
- Alcohol - Taking Sildenafil with alcohol may lower blood pressure.
- Pregnancy - Silagra 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Lactation - Silagra 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Driving - Silagra 100mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.
- Kidney - Silagra 100mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Silagra 100mg Tablet is recommended. However, inform your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. A lowering of dose may be considered if it is not well-tolerated.
- Liver - Silagra 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Silagra 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Silagra 100mg Tablet in patients with severe liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Sildenafil
Q. How does Silagra work?
Silagra is a phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor which works by relaxing the penile smooth muscles and by increasing the blood flow to the penis. It helps to achieve and maintain an erection but only if there is sexual stimulation.
Q. Is Silagra safe?
Yes, Silagra is safe if taken for prescribed duration in prescribed doses as advised by your doctor. However, there are some very common side effects that you can experience at effective doses like Headache, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Pain in Extremity.
Q. Is Silagra a steroid?
No, Silagra is not a steroid. It belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Q. Is Silagra an over the counter product?
No, Silagra is not an over-the-counter product. You can buy it when it is prescribed by a doctor.
Q. Is Silagra a blood thinner?
No, Silagra is not a blood thinner. It belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Q. Can I take Silagra for premature ejaculation?
Silagra is not known to have any beneficial effects of treating premature ejaculation. It is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Q. Can I take Silagra for the rest of my life?
Silagra is a prescription drug and should only be taken for the duration as advised by your doctor.